God gives me a hug!!
My precious Amryn is sleeping soundly beside me, Nick and the girls are out running errands, and I just have to let you all know that God brought us much comfort yesterday.
My sister Rachel spent the morning at our place and gave me a big hug after I told her about the day before, and helped clean my house (thanks!) and my Mom came to spend the day, which always results in a nice time, with lots of moments of laughter, even! Amryn loves her voice, and saves big smiles for her. Mom even discovered that Amryn loves to play "so big!" when her hands are held and arms stretched out... (everyone knows what I mean, right?!) and grinned at being tickled. It was so cute. I'll have to video tape that next time she is over... "Omi and Amryn play time".
Amryn seems to really enjoy listening to music, and Omi likes to listen to Handel's Messiah with her. Mom sings it with the Bach Choir every year, and we tell Amryn that when she gets to Heaven she will sing "Gloria" too! Maybe she already knows that and that's why she likes listening to it so much (:
After supper, Mom stayed with all of the girls and Nick and I went to our home group's Christmas social (we are part of a group of 7 couples from church that get together every 3 weeks to discuss parenting/marriage issues). This was my first time getting out socially, and it was so good for us! We left Amryn in the loving arms of her Omi (I'm so glad we live near family!!) and I'm so glad we went. We don't know the couples really well yet, but we felt so much love and support from them last night. They not only gave us some lovely gifts, but also read Scripture passages that they had chosen as couples to bring us comfort, and prayed individually for us. It was a powerful moment for me... I felt so at peace and loved, and felt that love for Amryn and the rest of our family too. Knowing that so many people are hurting along with us...
During the prayers, I felt a very strong sense of being held. It was warm, sort of heavy, and I felt it through my whole body. But it wasn't heavy in the sense of a burden..it made me feel free. I've never had that before..it was a very powerful experience! I'm convinced the Holy Spirit was wrapped around me. And it wasn't just because of these prayers in particular. We know that so many people are praying for us, but to actually sit among them and hear them made it so much more real. So thank you all for your prayers. God has answered them and brought comfort and a measure of peace.
So, yesterday was a good day. And Amryn is sleeping so peacefully... I love to watch her face as she sleeps. We were just listening to "Silent Night" and when I look at her sleeping, I really think she is sleeping in Heavenly peace. For this we thank God as well.

22 Comments:
I am glad you had a better day yesterday and so very thankful for you that your family is so close by to you guys right now to help you through these days in every way they can. It's awesome to know that even admist the dark times there can be moments of sunshine.
That was really awesome that you got the sense of being held. What better arms to be held in than the arms of our Heavenly Father. May He continue to carry you all each and every day in His loving arms.
Thank goodness for the communion of saints you're experiencing too. God is good!
Much love,
Esther, Jason, Mattea
I'm so glad you had a better day as well. When we go into the dark depths, God lifts us up! I'm so happy that your sister and Mom can give such good support. It's so good to feel comfortable in leaving little Amryn with Omi and getting out with Nick. I'm glad you had a great night and that you felt God's love all around you. Praises to Him!
It's so good to hear that yesterday was a better day. I'm thankful that you were able to feel God's love through your family and friends. I know that many many prayers are being lifted for you every day, and it's neat to see the evidence of those prayers in the peace that you are feeling.
Lisa, I pray that you will continue to feel the nearness of the Holy Spirit in the time ahead. Our prayers for you are being heard! And if you are able to feel the Lord so close to you, imagine how close He is to Amryn and how she undoubtedly feels His loving arms wrapped around her as well. What a comfort that is!
the Noots
I know the feeling you experienced. I've had that myself and it's amazing. How anyone could not believe in God is beyond me.
We think of you often and continue to hold you in our prayers.
Take care.
Marie Stad
:-)Thank God that he shows up in such intimate and real ways.
Lisa i am so glad to hear that you had a better day and that you were able to get and have the communion of Saints, and that you were able to feel God's love and comfort, what a blessing. We continue to pray for you and your family, and hold you all in our hearts and minds. God is always there for us, He never lets us down. Have a Merry Christmas with your family and your friends we will be thinking of you.
Adalia and Ian
Thanks for sharing that, Lisa. It gave me goosebumps! Hold onto that feeling:)
What you say about the prayers of the saints being a physical support has been experienced by others. My sister Joanne, whose sweet and special daughter Ruth passed away at age 10 and whose husband was in an after-surgery-coma for more than a month, has attested to the same reality. She said that the prayers of her brothers and sisters in Christ formed a wall around her, a protective wall that kept her upright! So perhaps that's the way God allows us to ease your pain, if only in a small way.
Sarah
That is so amazing, Lisa! What an awesome description of God's presence - what a testimony of His love!! Our prayers continue to be with you - it is a blessing, for sure, that you're moved (although we miss you here) - now you're so close to your family and they can be there for you during this time. God bless..
Brad and Deb Alkema
What a wonderful feeling that must have been! Glad you had a good day and evening -- hold that feeling close to your heart! ((HUGS))
I thank God for "hugging" you! He is so Good! Wow! What a beautiful post that was! ...footprints...Like the song said...what a blessing that was for you to feel! I stand amazed at How the Holy Spirit works! Ps 121
((HUGS))
Tracey Stam
Being held...like that Natalie Grant song...do you know it? You should look it up--it's a wonderful song. I think it's just called Held.
Lisa I wonder if you would do me the honour of checking my blog. I ran across something today that made me think of you and I would love for you to read it. I posted it this evening. I think you should be able to access it by clicking on my name which will take you to my profile. It's the Leslife-morelife blog. Thanks!
Glad to hear you feel God so near to you and that you have great and wonderful support from the communion of saints, family and friends. God is good and always remembers us, even when we are feeling very down and sad. Praise be to Him and the power of prayer.
May you continue to feel this way. Enjoy the precious moments.
Take care
Nick and Lisa--Also prayers from my house go up before God's Holy Throne,that He may be near to you as you have experienced.Very thankful to read that you have "PEACE".He WILL give you the strength and courage to continue.Never forget you still have two other beautiful little girlies that NEED their daddy and mommy.Even in this circumstances I pray that you may have a BLESSED Christmas remembering the birth of our LORD and Savior.
Lisa - I'm so glad that you posted this!! I've been thinking alot about last night and am so thankful that despite the bad day you had before, that you and Nick did come to the social for some time out. It was a powerful and moving experience for all of us, and to see such a quick, positive answer to our prayers is so awesome! We continue to pray that you will feel His arms around you even in the darkest of days. I also love the "sleep in heavenly peace" sentiment. What a beautiful reality! See you in church?
What an amazing experience you had...it's wonderful how God knows exactly what you need and when you need it hey. We're so thankful that the Holy Spirit is lifting you up emotionally and spiritually. This is what we've been praying for...
Sounds like you had a lovely evening out, I'm so glad that it worked out for you that you could go.
May you continue to feel peace and comfort in these times...and continue to stare and snuggle with Amryn, and how can you not..she's so beautiful!
Hope to talk to you soon, Leona
Along with the others, I am thankful to hear of your wonderful experience with our Lord. He is an awesome God who will never forsake us. May you continue to experience his closeness as we continue to pray for you. To Him be all Glory and Honour!
Rob and Trish
God is so Amazing and Awesome and knows what we need and when we need it. I am so happy to hear that you and Amryn had a good day. Continueing to pray for you and your family and Amryn. God bless you.
Katherine
wonderful to hear that you had a great night out and that God has given you comfort ... a hug! I pray that you will remember that feeling and that it stays with you for a long time! Enjoy your Christmas holidays and Nick's birthday as well as Lydia's! Busy! Take care!
Audrey L.
Thanks, Lisa, to share the downs and the ups with us all. Great IS His faithfulness! How prone we all are to doubt that. Love you more each day. Happy birthday with your hubby at Christmas-time. Double kiss, MomV
Praise God! He does give us exactly what we need.
Alice
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home