Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Learning to whistle

Isn't it fun to experience watching your child learn new things? Today Robyn learned how to whistle! She heard me whistling and said, "I wish I could do that!" So I taught her...and voila! She is whistling loudly all over the place now. Right now she is busy "practising" So fun! Wonder why I didn't teach her earlier... never thought about it, actually (:
I am sooo tired! Lydia has been up at night for the past few days with such a nasty cough and fever. Her cough is so bad that she has thrown up 3 times from it. So much laundry and not enough sleep...ugh.
Good thing Robyn's whistling is a happy sound! And Nick is upstairs taking out the carpet in my parent's living room. He has offered to put laminate flooring in for them! What a great son-in-law, hey?! Yesterday I hinted that our coffee table needs refinishing since it was so badly damaged during our move, and at this very moment the new varnish is drying...he got right to it and sanded it down, restained it and varnished two coats on in one day! He loves having holidays, but loves being kept busy even more. I think it might be that he's procrastinating doing marking that's been piling up....and the projectors that need to be installed....and the computers that need fixing,... Home work is much more fun (;