Sunday, March 11, 2007

Impatience

Robyn and I went to the store on Monday and picked up some sunflower seeds. Robyn has been asking since Christmas if we could plant a garden, and I thought it would be fun for her to grow sunflowers inside first. She was insistent on getting "the kind that grows taller than Daddy", so we got the giant 9 footers. Since Tuesday, they have been growing at an incredible speed...some plants are over two inches tall already! Every day we have been taking photos in the morning, afternoon and evening, so stay tuned for a time-lapse clip!
Despite the speed at which these plants are sprouting, Robyn was too impatient and decided to create a display on the windowsill of what she thought the sunflowers should look like by now....a little impatient! I thought it was pretty cute, though. And it does help brighten up the windows, since there's so much rain behind them!

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 10:07 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Oooo good idea! Alyssa wants to grow sunflowers this year -- have any extra seeds?
:o)

 
At March 12, 2007 4:27 PM , Blogger nicolevw said...

What a neat idea ! That definately shows innovation. Sunflowers are pretty too ........mind if I steal her idea? :-)

 
At March 13, 2007 2:38 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry, Chris...we used all the seeds.
And we don't mind at all if others plant sunflowers- the more the merrier!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home