School dinner
Last Friday night Robyn's school held their annual school dinner. The theme was "Medieval" and guests were encouraged to dress up. I had originally planned to wear a dress, but it had a sort of peasant top and was too cold to wear in the gym, so I dressed as a page/squire/whatever instead. I wore my Popa's velvet hat from his days at the Theological College in Holland...kinda cool! The dinner was fun, and the food was delicious! Great job, Chris and others! (Although I was dissappointed to see the organizers weren't all dressed up!) There was even a whole roast pig complete with apple in its mouth. Apparently someone had to custom build a huge tray and spit, and roasted it over an open fire for 14 hours!
My brother in law took photos of everyone there, but I'm not sure when we're supposed to get them, so I'll just show you my costume as Nick photographed it before I left.(He stayed home to babysit)

3 Comments:
:oP What was the point of dressing up when most of the night was spent in the kitchen???
lol
Glad you had a good time!
Cute Lisa, cute! I heard great things about the dinner ..did I hear correctly too that Rev and Mrs Lodder won the prize for best dressed? A neat idea ....if only Credo Elem would do this sort of thing! I don't think I've ever been to a school dinner .......
Great costume Lisa. Our church did a medieval banquet 2 years ago and it was a big hit as well and everyone dressed up. So fun!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home