Oops!
Did you know that BC Place stadium is an air-tight building that is pressurized to support the roof? I should've, considering I know that the ceiling is inflated (remember a post I made about it collapsing due to a tear in the canvas?)
Anyhoo, on Saturday we went to the Home and Garden Show at BC Place and spent the day looking at "outdoor entertainment" displays...lots of waterfalls, hottubs, ponds, etc...just what Nick likes. At the end, on our way out, Nick and I got seperated.
He had Lydia, I had Robyn. During my desperate search to find him, I made my way along the glass doors and spotted him waiting for me outside. Relieved to have found him, I made my way to the doors and oops, failed to notice the "emergency exit only" sign on handle (it was a small sign! honest!)
I pushed the door open and was immediately blown out the door, arms flailing, hair in my face, wind in my ears....and looked behind me to see Robyn frozen in the midst of what seemed like a hurricane. I looked towards Nick and saw that Lydia was screaming and had no coat on! How could he not put a coat on her in such a wicked storm!!?? I started to yell at him, but with the wind roaring in my ears and the hurricane so strong, my voice couldn't reach him. I reached back to pull Robyn towards me, and that when the security guard yelled something at me, glared, shut the door, and then I noticed it. Silence. Except for the sound of an alarm going off. And lots of people looking at me. And no wind, but calm, warm air. Uh oh.
Apparently you're supposed to use the air lock revolving doors. By opening the other door, I could've burst the bubble and sent the roof collapsing on all those poor people inside! Ok, maybe not so drastic, but it was not a good thing to do. Boy, was I embarrassed. Won't do THAT again!!
Here are some photos before the drama.
Robyn asked for a dolphin, but was told it would take 1/2 an hour, so she got a fish instead.

Robyn also got to plant a seedling in a "living sculpture" that will be placed on the side of the road on Marine Drive in Vancouver. She was told to visit in the summer to see the salmon sculpture in full bloom!

5 Comments:
Whoa!
Musta been kinda scary!
And kinda funny... :o)
OOOOh Hope you don't have nightmares 'bout what could have happened. You know how sometimes things can replay back in your mind?!? Good thing you can laugh about it now, though! You won't forget that outing.
wow... sounds like a genuine bob experience!!! :) glad everything turned out ok!
Sorry, I had to laugh!! The way you described the whole incident was funny!
That's ok! It was supposed to be funny! (:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home