Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy 60th, Dad!

Yesterday we celebrated the 60th birthday of my Dad. We had a wonderful time together as friends and family. One of the best parts of the day was when my Mom and sister and I went through boxes of photos to make a collage...I love reminiscing!
As a joke, Robyn gave Grandpa a toothbrush with half of the bristles missing, "Designed with the middle aged mouth in mind...Better brush 'em while you still can".
And the kids got together and sang a song based on the Dire Straits' tune "Walk of Life". My Dad used to like the way Mark Knopfler plays guitar, and although I don't know if he particularly liked this song, it was easy to make the lyrics fit him!
Here his a bit of it. The rest is not for public consumption...too much information!

Here comes Dad and he’ll tell you the story
about his crows and other birds.
They could laugh and sit on your shoulder
And even learned a few human words
He got the action, he got the motion
Yeah, the man loves crows
Dedication devotion
Just please make sure you keep your eyes on the road!

He loves taking care of birds and other critters
He loves spotting bald eagles in the sky
He do the walk, he do the walk of life

Here comes Dad sketching pictures of faces
Be-bop-a-lula, baby what I say
Here comes Dad singing I want to sketch or paint
When I’m retired, when I don’t work for pay
He got the paint, he got the pencil
Yeah the man can draw
Dedication devotion
The clearest details you ever saw!


Etc, etc

Happy Birthday, Dad! May God bless and guide you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home