Friday, January 19, 2007

Hair Woes

On Wednesday someone asked me if my girls had ever tried to cut their own hair. I could proudly say, "Oh no....never!" Wouldn't you know...I spoke too soon (of course).
Robyn announced at dinner last night that she had tried to give herself bangs again! Yikes! Thankfully, she had to tell us....it wasn't that noticeable. Just some spikey strands in the front. But isn't that so typical?!
And this came after i just finished dealing with trying to get diaper cream out of Lydia's hair! The girls had found the cream and began using it on their dolls. Robyn then decided it would be funny to smear it onto Lydia's head. I should have taken a photo- it was such a mess! A white mohawk, if you can imagine. Not just a little, but globs and globs! I've washed Lydia's hair three times now and it is still very greasy and smelly. Any hints out there for getting diaper cream out of hair?!
I complained to Nick that it seems like Robyn is reverting back to toddler behaviour. It seems she often goes against her common sense. And we thought she was such a well-behaved, rational child! Nick's theory is that having a sibling has brought out her naughty impulses. "She is only just 5 years old, Lis!" Lydia is now at the age where they can really play together and relate, and it is much more fun to get into trouble with someone else (or have someone else to blame!) With a sister, (especially one as fun as Lydia) she gets hyper and cheeky. When she was on her own, she just did as we did. Did anyone else notice this with their first-born? Do you agree with Nick's theory? Is Robyn just finally acting her age? (:

6 Comments:

At January 19, 2007 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the girls keep you on your toes!!!

 
At January 19, 2007 8:53 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

I laughed when I read what your girls are doing. So cute - but not for mum who always has to clean up the mess. It's hard to know whether to laugh, cry or get angry with children that age...still a little bit of innocence mixed with some naughtiness. It's fun, hey? Nice to know we all go thru the same stuff and can share our moments.

 
At January 20, 2007 6:26 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

DISH SOAP!!! Vanessa once smeared vaseline all through her hair just 30 minutes before her birthday party. What a mess!! But two washes with dish soap and it was clean as a whistle again! Does dry it out a bit though, so use conditioner too...

 
At January 20, 2007 8:44 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks,Chandra! I'll try that this morning. Don't want her going to church with greasy hair!

 
At January 21, 2007 10:03 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

So did it work?

 
At January 21, 2007 11:52 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, thank you, it did!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home