Friday, December 01, 2006

Rachel Elise Sept 23- Dec 1, 2003







I can't believe it's been three years since we last held our precious daughter, Rachel Elise. Her names meant "lamb" and "gift from God". She was such a wonderful gift...beautiful, precious, sweet. It was in God's plan to gather His lamb back into His arms and close to His heart after only ten weeks. We are so thankful for the time we had with her...and we miss her very much! I often think of her when I see Robyn and Lydia playing together and I think of them growing up together without their sister. I think of Rachel every day, but today is a special day to honour her memory. She was such a beautiful baby...from her rosebud mouth to her soft, dark hair.
"And so I held your tiny hand in mine
for the hardest thing I've ever had to face.
Heaven called for you before it called for me-
When you get there, save me a place.
A place where I can share your smile
And hold you more than just awhile."

10 Comments:

At December 01, 2006 10:19 AM , Blogger Mrs. Bob said...

May the Lord bless you today and give you strength as you remember those precious ten weeks... we remember you today in our prayers and pray God will comfort you and strengthen you and give you His peace.

 
At December 01, 2006 10:39 AM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

May we cherish every moment we have with our precious children!
As I wipe my tears, I pray that the Lord will continue to wipe yours and give you comfort in the knowledge that you will one day see your beautiful daughter again.

 
At December 02, 2006 9:56 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Yes, she was a sweetheart! Isn't it wonderful that her memory can live on through photos and videos as well as just in our hearts?

 
At December 02, 2006 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pray that the Lord gives you the strengtht today and everyday. We here in Australia remember our dear neice and cousin as well. Thanks Chris.. now ya made me cry...

Michelle

 
At December 02, 2006 5:08 PM , Blogger Chandra said...

Is it just my imagination, or does Rachel look very much like Michael on the "naked" picture?

 
At December 02, 2006 5:12 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Actually, I've always thought that she looked alot like Nick in that photo! Nick's nose for sure...

 
At December 02, 2006 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa.
I came across your blog recently and have really enjoyed following it.
I just wanted to let you know that you and Nick and the girls are in our thoughts and prayers during this time when we remember Rachel's passing.
Take Care.

 
At December 02, 2006 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought so too chandra.. she looks so different in that picture !! I thought she looked alot like michael


Michelle vanderven

 
At December 03, 2006 4:54 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Lisa, those are such beautiful words. The Lord has surely given you strength. May He continue to surround you and your famiy with His unfailing love.
Thinking of you.

 
At December 06, 2006 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby Rachel was! Isn't it nice to know that heaven awaits and you will see her once again! God is good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home