Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ladies Night Out

Yesterday evening 3 ladies of the Orange Aid (one of them my sister- thanks, Rachel!) organized a Ladies Night Out for the women of the churches in the Fraser Valley. All proceeds were to go towards the highschool and elementary school. It was a lot of fun! I got to see many familiar faces, but I think some didn't recognize me with my dark hair...people I knew from highschool walked right past me!
There were tables set up for perusal, jewelry, cards, Dutch store goods, delicious goodies to try, wine tasting, door prizes, and even a fashion show! A young girl played violin the whole time, as she was selling a cd she recently made. I spoke to her for awhile...she started playing when she was 5! I tried to imagine Robyn taking lessons...we'll stick to simple stuff like ballet for now, I think!
After all the socializing and shopping, we split off into our seperate groups to take "classes" that we signed up for. There was a sushi-making class, stampin' up, hairdressing, cake decorating, scrapbooking, and a watercolour painting class, which is the one I chose. I made a nice scene of trees reflected in a pond, an evening landscape with soft colours.I'd post a picture, but I'm too shy...maybe when I get better at it...
After the classes we all got together again and had more goodies, more chatting, more shopping and door prizes were handed out. It was a really wonderful evening- even more special for a lot of the ladies because they could share it with their daughters. The ages were 12 and up, so there was quite a large range of ages represented!

This morning Robyn had a new ballet teacher, and she is much better than the other one. I should have brought my camera...they were actually learning a little routine! The other teacher used to make them crawl on their tummies like snakes, or hop like frogs. When the girls told the new teacher that they wanted to do that, she exclaimed, "THAT'S not ballet!!" and proceeded to teach them the routine. Next week I'll try to remember my camera, and I'll post it here. It is really cute to watch!

Guess what! It's snowing outside! Right now! Just as I was typing it started! Typical BC big, fat fluffy flakes. Our first snow! And in Ontario it's warm...go figure! Robyn's asking me to bundle her up to go out, so I'll sign off now. Here are photos of Nick being the crazy Dad he is...

4 Comments:

At November 26, 2006 3:29 AM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Sounds like you had a fun night. Isn't it nice to have some 'mum' time every now and then!!

 
At November 26, 2006 8:54 AM , Blogger Mrs. Bob said...

sounds like fun!!! what a great idea!

 
At November 26, 2006 10:37 AM , Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Hey Lisa & Nick, I always sneak a peak at your blog from Chandra's. Welcome back yet to beautiful B.C.! snow and all !! like you said snow here, sun in Ontario, strange !
Come out and visit us in Chilliwack sometime. Address in church directory :)

 
At November 26, 2006 11:41 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks! We'll definitely have to come visit sometime...when the snow melts a bit! Heard its quite bad in Chilliwack!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home