Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lydia!!

Our exuberant, cheerful, non-stop-fun Lydia Joy turned three today!
We had a little party with family and she was treated like a princess... She requested a "princess/butterfly/bananeena" (ballerina) cake (I opted to do just the princess) and hot dogs for lunch and chicken noodle soup for supper...easy to please! (:
She was spoiled with lots of nice gifts and a lot of attention:




The cake



"Look, now I am beeeeooootiful!"



We told her to wave like the Queen (I don't think the Queen wears Hello Kitty bandaids, tho)


Funny things Lydia has said lately:
Our minister asked Lydia the other day what her favourite word is and she said "skunk!"

She told us not to touch her robot's eyes because "eyeballs are delicate" and "poisonous" (she often surprises us by using big words!)

When asked how old she is now, she insists that she is two and a half and gets quite upset if you tell her otherwise... I'm ok with her wanting to stay little, though!

12 Comments:

At December 28, 2007 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lydia, you are a real cute princess

Katherine

 
At December 29, 2007 1:03 AM , Blogger Doulanic said...

oh for pete's sake she is so cute!! LOVE those pics! Congrats to you on your "princess'" birthday!

 
At December 29, 2007 5:57 AM , Blogger momofcrt said...

happy birthday Lydia! Boy does she look like you when you were younger Lisa!!
I remember Sunday's your family always sat on the same side of church as we did, only further up :-)

 
At December 29, 2007 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet if the Queen saw Lydia's pictures, she'd want to wear Hello Kitty bandaids, too. Congratulations with your little princess.

 
At December 29, 2007 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A princess party...so cute! I sure love the cake! I agree, in a couple of those pictures you can really tell that Lydia looks like you! Congratulations on Lydia's birthday!
Leona

 
At December 29, 2007 9:14 AM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Happy birthday princess Lydia! LOL I sure get a kick out of her!

 
At December 29, 2007 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 already?? She reminds me of our Alexa (who'll be 3 in April)--LOVES anything princess-related, uses words way beyond her age (like "I'm so disappointed"), and insists she's younger than she is (Alexa likes to tell us she's still a baby!).

Happy birthday, Lydia! You sure do look like a princess with your pretty tiara and jewellery!! And you sure live up to your middle name!

Alina Noot

 
At December 29, 2007 10:17 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Happy birthday Lydia! I adore the princess photos! :o)

 
At December 29, 2007 10:39 AM , Blogger Esther said...

Happy birthday princess Lydia! Looks like a real special day you had! Love th princess cake!!

 
At December 29, 2007 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she is sooooo cute! love the pics! Happy Birthday Lydia!!! And what a great cake!!!
Tracey Stam

 
At December 29, 2007 8:40 PM , Blogger Marg said...

Happy birthday pretty princess! We can see you were spoiled!!
Some of those fancy princess photos remind me of Natasha!
Love, Aunty Marg and the gang

 
At December 30, 2007 3:05 AM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Happy birthday Lydia. Glad you could have a happy day with your family. You look beautiful. Enjoy your presents.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home