Hey! That wasn't so bad!
Well, it wasn't so bad for Robyn- it wasn't Robyn who had a hard time today...it was me and Lydia! This morning I pulled a muscle in my neck and spent a few hours with my head tilted to the right! By the time I got to Robyn's school assembly I could almost hold it straight but couldn't turn to people at my left or beside me. Must have been related to the stress of having your first child go to grade one. Since I've been having trouble with this muscle off and on for the last year, I thought I better get it checked out and fixed before I have to hold and nurse our baby! You know what that does to neck and shoulder muscles! Usually I can sort of stretch and pop the muscle back into place, but not this time...
So I have a prescription for massage therapy and physio if that doesn't work (haven't been able to find someone to see me yet, though).
Robyn went to school quite excited (up at 7 and dressed in record time!) but wanted us to stay with her until the bell rang. Her teacher was wonderful to give her a personal tour of the classroom and her hook, cubby, desk, etc. After the assembly, however, it was Lydia who started crying when Robyn filed out of the gym!! She ran after her, with me quickly in tow, and followed Robyn into the hall, crying and carrying on about "my friend Yobyn" (as she calls her). Poor thing! So I took her to Timmy's for a doughnut to make her forget her woes, and it seemed to work (:
Robyn's favourite thing about school (so far) is the horse in the field beside the school. Oh, and the play centers (which she didn't really have in kindergarten due to lack of space)
So strange to have to pack a lunch for Robyn and get ready for school again tomorrow!
I had a good cry last night (ugh! these pregnancy hormones!) so I was sort of ok with Robyn leaving us this morning. As we spent the whole day in Langley, I still haven't been alone at home with Lydia, so tomorrow will be the first. I'm looking forward to spending one on one time with her!
Nick's first day was really good too, btw... he has some really enthusiatic students in his journalism class and only 8 students in drafting!
Here's a photo of our big girl!

3 Comments:
Congratulations on Robyn's big day. They grow up fast!! Hope your neck is feeling better.
Glad to hear Robyn did well. She looked quite sure of herself when I saw her before the assembly! (Mary was taking them on a tour of the school and I was in the kindergarten classroom when they filed through there). I asked Danielle at supper last night if she played with Robyn. "No" she said "Why not?" I asked. "because she wanted to play soccer with Rebekah and I didn't!". So, I think Robyn must have done alright! Don't worry ..you will get used to having Robyn go to school every day and she'll learn so much, you'll be happy for it. And a few years from now when they're both in school it will be very normal! :-)
What a big day for the big girl! She looks so cute on that photo. And so begins a whole new era for your guys! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home