Friday, August 17, 2007

A Good Question!

Robyn asked me today, "Mom, why do people say 'an alarm went off'" when it actually turns on? Good question!

And...
Lydia is officially toilet trained! Finally!It was another example of how different siblings can be. Robyn practically trained herself, never liking being dirty, but Lydia, our much more easy going girl, couldn't care less! She's been peeing no problem since she turned 2...but the other...no way!! It took much longer to get her fully trained than Robyn, but we are finally here and I love it! (ok I'll admit it- I couldn't have done it without the help of a few gumballs as rewards for a job well done (;) hey- we do what it takes, right?!
Yay Lydia!!!

6 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 5:53 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

That's great Lisa, especially before the baby is due.

 
At August 17, 2007 7:49 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Yippee Lydia!!!
Just in time to give your mom a couple months reprieve before it starts all over again... :o)

 
At August 17, 2007 8:12 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

UGH.

 
At August 18, 2007 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you wanna come and train my girls...grrr...they are just too happy playing to "waste" their time to go to the washroom! I have them in undies during the day, with usually no accidents...but I still have to ask them a million times if they have to go to the washroom. I don't do diapers, except at night. Every box of diapers I buy I think to myself "Maybe this will be the last box." But so far we always need one more box! Enjoy the break from diapers :)
Julia

 
At August 19, 2007 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - have you thought of outside paint colours? I was looking at a magazine - I love black trim, and then adding in some green and red (Benjamin Moore Eucalyptus Leaf 2144-20 and Deep Rose 2004-10). If you go with the green, then you don't have to worry about the moss thing! Do you have a garage door that you can paint the red, or maybe add that colour in with urns or something? Anyways, just a suggestion - have fun! I loved looking at your before and afters! Keep it coming!

Deb Alkema

 
At August 20, 2007 12:19 AM , Blogger Doulanic said...

YAY Lydia! Just like Chandra you'll get a few months of diaper free days before baby arrives. Enjoy it! And hey - I think the "reward" system works fabulously. Used it with all my kids! :-) See you around!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home