Wednesday, August 01, 2007

So THAT"s why!!

LOL well, I found out why Robyn was so extra specially helpful this morning! She admitted that she wanted to do something nice so that I would for sure take them to Aldergrove Lake today! I had mentioned it a few days ago...guess she remembered!

We had a wonderful time there... its a nice, small man-made lake with roped-off swimming areas on either end for the little kiddies, and lots of nice, clean sand to
play in. The women's Wednesday morning society keeps up their meetings throughout the summer by getting together for playdates at each other's homes. This week they decided to meet at the lake, and next week possibly again. It was nice to see some of the ladies of Aldergrove church and to meet a few of them. What a neat idea to keep meeting during the summer on a casual basis!
I must say that Aldergrove church has been very welcoming so far. On the Sunday that our attestation was read off, we went for coffee between services and again after second service, with two other offers as well! It has even been a bit of a challenge to get out of church...every time we end a conversation and make a step towards the door, another conversation starts with someone else! Our neighbours around our house are friendly, too. I baked cookies yesterday, so Nick and Robyn brought some to the elderly couple across the street, and were invited in for tea...Our other neighbour brought us raspberries from his garden, and the young father on our other side brings away any junk we pile next to the house, since he drives by the dump anyway! Nice, hey? It's great to feel welcome.

After a few hours of sun, sand and swimming, my big belly makes a great pillow!! (:

3 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 9:16 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Glad to hear you are feeling settled and welcomed in your neighbourhood and church community.
Precious photo - sounds like a fun lake.

 
At August 02, 2007 1:13 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

I love Aldergrove church -- even when you are just there visiting for a baptism or whatever, there are always people coming up to you to chat, or even to invite you over for coffee... if we had to switch churches that would be the location for us! :o)

 
At August 05, 2007 12:54 PM , Blogger Doulanic said...

I am so glad that you are feeling welcomed. Hey Chris - who knows? Maybe one day Darryl will get in with Abbotsford or Langley? Then you could move to Aldergrove! We'd love to have you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home