On a happier note...
Trish and Rob S. and their adorable son visited us yesterday from Hamilton! Their little boy is so cute and funny- he makes the funniest faces! They had a look at our new house and a nice visit, complete with apple pie that I made from a recipe Trish posted on her blog. It was good to see them again. Sorry about the tea, though guys! (We had to get hot water by running it through the coffee maker, since I don't have a kettle at the house yet and our water to the kitchen has been turned off)
Nick, the girls and I were at the house for almost 12 hours and got lots done, and the girls were really good. They love going there and play nicely. I think they like feeling involved in the whole process. Robyn even filled a wheelbarrow with stones and filled in the ducts- a child's dream come true! We TOLD her to put things down the ducts! Nick filled them in with cement and Robyn did a great job smoothing it all over. We 're getting radiant heating instead, which will hopefully help with my allergies!
Lydia, Lydia...took off her shoes and walked in a room where we had torn out the carpet and stepped on the rusty carpet nails that line the wall...sigh...but she's ok.
I will post some before and after photos of the house soon!

2 Comments:
So cute to have the girls there helping out in their own way!!
Lisa, It was great to see you guys again too and be able to see your house. The pie was delicious and no appologies needed for the tea, it tasted fine to me.
Hope you'll be able to finish everything you want to in your house before your company starts coming.
Trish
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home