Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ouch!

Well, Robyn, Lydia and I all discovered what stinging nettles are!! We went exploring down a path this morning and the girls went up ahead a bit down a narrow path overgrown with really tall, spiky looking plants. Suddenly they both started crying, so I ran ahead, not realizing that it was the plants making them cry, so in my rush I got covered, too! Owie. Thankfully, it is not like poison ivy, which shows up hours or days later! Some calomine lotion and a freezie have cured the girls...
Nasty plant, though!!

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch, they do hurt, and yeah you are lucky that it wasn't poison ivy. Yikes.

 
At May 31, 2007 3:31 PM , Blogger Mrs. Bob said...

don't scratch. the stinging turns to a nice warm heat after about fifteen minutes. once you scratch or even touch the spot, that's it. then your only hope is calamine lotion and freezies. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home