Sunday, May 20, 2007

House possession

Well, the house is officially ours! And we wasted no time getting in there with my parents and Michael to start ripping it apart and cleaning like mad! Even Rachel and John and the kids came later to put on gloves and get scrubbin' (thanks, everyone!!). We got there at 1, and by 2, Nick had demolished the bathroom and completely gutted it! After 4 hours we had all the walls prepped for painting. We took off the light plates, old trim and shelves and washed the walls down, and Nick even pressure washed the exterior stucco! Tomorrow, Monday, we hope to paint the ceilings (I haven't decided on all the interior colours yet, and we had to first find out if we were dealing with existing oil or latex walls). I must say that Nick's recent purchase of a portable DVD player was an excellent investment! It kept the girls occupied and happy for most of the time we were there. Otherwise they explored the yard and had fun "helping" us.
Of course, accident prone me had two mishaps...when we first arrived at the house, I stepped outside onto the wood deck which was slippery and my legs slipped from under me and I landed with my arm in an empty planter box, horribly twisted and with a huge bruise and scratches as a result. My hip also still hurts. Then, as Nick was removing the bathroom vanity, some shards of gyprock and tile were flying through the air and one of them flew into my eye. Go figure- Nick wields an ax and goes at the bathroom tile like a crazed maniac and has no injuries, and I just happen to walk by and get something in my eye!!
I tried soaking my eyeball, running it under water, spraying it with water, etc...nothing worked, and I had to spend the rest of the day with one eye shut and in pain. The shard didn't come out until this morning! Not a fun night. Thankfully, my eye was not scratched, otherwise it would still hurt.
Anyway, we are happy with the progress we made in only one day, and will be rarin' to go again tomorrow after a wonderful day of rest and recuperation, fellowship and worship.















All that hard work was tiring! The girls fell asleep as soon as we left our street...yes, that is a plastic snake in Robyn's mouth....(don't ask)

5 Comments:

At May 20, 2007 8:15 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Nick must have LOVED taking the ax to the bathroom!!!
What is it with guys and destroying things? :o)
Sounds like a lot of fun, and a lot of work... the photos of your sleeping babes are HILARIOUS!!! I won't ask aboutt eh snake, either... lol funny looking soother!

 
At May 20, 2007 9:04 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Hey, Congratulations with the ownership of your house. How exciting. Great to see you keen in the renovating process. Hope it goes well and TFS the lovely pictures of your house and the cute ones of the girls. Guys just love destroying things don't they!!

 
At May 21, 2007 12:27 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

PS looks like a nice place! :o)

 
At May 21, 2007 9:09 PM , Blogger nicolevw said...

Wow - talk about demolishing! Yikes! I hope all your renos go well ....... and hey - if you're out here and want to drop the girls off somewhere, I'm sure Danielle would love a couple playmates ....if your girls could handle coming over somewhere "strange". Just a thought!

 
At May 23, 2007 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all the renos go well. That's a funny shot of Robyn with a snake in her mouth.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home