Bulbs
I bought some cut flower bulbs today, but in my hurry to get to the counter before the store closed, I didn't notice that some of the bulbs had started to sprout in their bags already (I guess that's why they were on sale). Is this bad? Can I still plant them or do I have to cut off the greenery and wait until fall? Will they die? Any advice from all you gardeners out there would be greatly appreciated...
Oh, and they are not just little sprouts...they are several inches long.

4 Comments:
I posted a comment earlier, but apparently it didn't come through. Go ahead and plant the bulbs -- I have done that with several bulbs after they sprouted, and they all survived and thrived. Happy gardening! :o)
Just wanted to say hello and again congratulations about the baby-to-be. Our newest will be here very very soon, and you'll all get to meet him when we come to the Left Coast this summer (which we are very excited about, though "some" of us aren't too thrilled with the flying aspect).
Thanks, Chris... I did read on one of the packages to trim any foliage down to 3 cm above the crown of the bulb, but for the others I just planted with the green stuff above the soil.
These were actually for my Mom, for Mother's Day, so I hope for her that they grow!
Oh, and Hello Shannon!! Thanks for your comment...you actually read this thing?! We're looking forward to hearing about the birth of your little guy and meeting him! Can't wait to see the rest of you, too. Praying for you and the baby that all will go well when you deliver...hope it will be soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home