Friday, May 11, 2007

Just the two of us

I took Robyn to Fun Night at her school. I had to man the apple-bobbing tables, so I bought her a bag of cotton candy to eat while she patiently waited for me to be done my shift. After that we spent some fun time together going to all the games, the bouncy castle, face painting, etc...just me 'n her. When we got home, Nick surprised her with the promise of a campfire in the backyard- her favourite!! She is just coming in from outside and its after 10- I know, we are irresponsible parents, but she was having so much fun helping with the fire, and was even riding her bike in the dark! Memories of this will last a long time with her.... and she kept telling Nick he's "the best" and mouthing "I love you Mom!" through the sliding door, so how could we tell her to go to bed?! (;
We won't be able to have campfires here for much longer (only as visiting guests after we move!) so we're making the most of it. Tomorrow Nick and our brother in law are picking up our Craigslist finds and bringing them to the house....it's really happening! We're going to move! Exciting.

Robyn asked the face painter to make her into a ladybug, and she carefully and lovingly decorated a flower pot for Mother's Day!

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2007 10:41 PM , Blogger Michelle Vanderven said...

aww cute!!! I imagine she had lots of fun!!!!! You can definately tell her and lydia are sisters!!!!!

 
At May 12, 2007 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

she sure is cute, I find she looks alot like you.

Katherine

 
At May 12, 2007 12:39 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

What a fun evening Robyn had!
She probably needed to stay up that late to work off all the sugar that was ingested at the fun night... :o)

 
At May 12, 2007 4:53 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

That's true...she was quite wired. And then today she had a 2.5 hour nap!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home