weekend
What a nice weekend! On Friday the girls were thrilled to see Nick pull into the driveway in the high school sports team bus! He borrowed it in order to pick up 35 heavy 17" computer screens which were donated by a fellow church member in Richmond. On Saturday, Nick, Robyn and my brother all drove in the little bus and broke their backs loading the screens onto the bus and then driving them to the school and unloading them (well, Robyn didn't lift any...she just held open all the doors) Lydia and I had a lovely morning doing grocery shopping by ourselves and even browsing through the mall (don't remember the last time I did that!)
On Friday evening, Nick and I were spoiled by my parents. They took us out to the Keg to celebrate buying our house and to thank Nick for installing a laminate floor in their living room. The dinner I had was soooo good! I remembered that our friend Henri once said that the Teriyaki steak is the best...and he was right! Yum. We really enjoyed ourselves, since it had been such a long time since we went out for dinner without the kids! And not fast food (:
On Saturday I went to the wedding of an old friend and classmate, Hannah. It took me 4 phone calls to find someone who knew the place and time of the wedding! Boy, was she shocked to see me! It's been around 10 years since I saw her last. It was great to witness her wedding, and I hope we will be able to get together soon and catch up.
After the wedding, Nick picked me up with the girls and we drove out to see our new house. We wanted to see if the trees had bloomed and/or grew leaves so we could know what kind they were. We were pleasantly surprised to see apple blossoms and a huge Japanese Maple in the front yard. Every house Nick and I have ever lived in has had a Japanese Maple and the number 7 in the address...so the "tradition" continues (and no, we never plan it that way!) We also drove down to Aldergrove Lake where our family had reunions in the summer. It was a lot smaller than I remembered, but that could be because it was drained (it's a man-made lake). We look forward to exploring that area more when we move there....looked like there were really nice trails through the forest.
We've had nice, relaxing Sunday, and in a few minutes will be heading out for a walk to enjoy the last moments of the warm sunshine we enjoyed all day.
Have a good Monday!

1 Comments:
What a nice family weekend. Wow, apple blossoms and a Japanese Maple. Will make for a great display in Autumn. I love deciduous trees; we don't have as many over here. Though, we are lucky enough to have two beautiful tree's in our front yard, of which one has just lost all it's leaves. And the other will soon turn to beautiful reds & oranges.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home