Aurora Borealis
One item on my list of "things I hope to do one day" is to see the Northern lights. Once, in grade 12, during a flight to Quebec, I saw very faint ones in the distance when we flew over Manitoba. But I hope to one day witness it on the ground and see it in its full glory. Here is a stunning video I found, taken in Northern BC. Have any of you out there witnessed this phenomenon? God is truly an amazing artist!

4 Comments:
we have... it is beautiful! and if you're in the middle of nowhere with no city noise around you can hear them too! they are actually quite loud... i hope you get to see them soon! (otherwise go north in the winter... you're almost assured of seeing them on a clear night...)
I have seen them once as well.. they are really beautiful!!!!
I saw them once in AB - but it wasn't anything like that video. But even what I saw was so moving! Now to have an experience like mrs. bob describes? That would be amazing!
Hi Lisa I followed your link from Leona's site (you might know me I'm Dave's oldest sister Marie currently living in Coaldale)
When we lived in both Smithers and Winnipeg we witnessed the Northern Lights often. Only once did we see multi-colored ones though and that was just north of Winnipeg. Most often they're just the white ones.
I'm hoping once we move to Neerlandia we'll see more again as we'll be north.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home