We bought a house!
Thank you to everyone who prayed for us- God heard our prayers and guided us to a new home! After the disappointment of losing that house with a rentable suite, a lot of you told us to "just wait...be patient- something better will come up and you'll be glad you didn't get the first one" And you were right! I didn't post about the other house on this blog, because we were waiting for the owners to find a house for 2 months, so nothing was certain (they decided in the end to stay there) But I did send an email out to family and a few friends.
We decided to go to the other end of the spectrum, and instead of buying a more expensive home but needing renters, we bought a "cheap" (by BC standards) fixer upper. It needs a lot of work, but we're excited about the potential. The yard is huge, with lots of climbing trees and even a treehouse! I love that for the girls. And a big yard means we can always expand if we have to. We're a bit worried about when we're going to get all the work done, since Nick will be at school all summer doing an over-haul of the computer labs and server, and we have visitors from Holland coming for 3 weeks, but I guess we'll spend our weekends at the house. I'll have to post lots of before and after shots. Aldergrove, here we come! It’s so weird to be looking and looking and waiting and waiting for almost 8 months and then, BAM! It’s all over…we have a house! We are so thankful to God for providing us with this opportunity!
PS Robyn got her wish- the house is a rancher....no stairs (;

18 Comments:
Okay I'll try again :) Having trouble seeing the keys this morning !!
I said, congratulations with your new home, exciting stuff !. I'm sure you'll love fixing it up and really making it 'your' home.
Oooh yay CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
That is so exciting!
With a house that has so much potential you can always make a special time out spot just for your girls!!! :o)
When do you get possession? You can always paint in the evenings...
Congratulations! Too funny about the stairs...
Exciting news, congratulations!
Congratulations Lisa, that is so great! We're moving back to Langley, so maybe we can reconnect again someday! God bless all your plans.
you're moving back?! (: When? Why?
Email me!
congratulations on a new adventure. We can attest to having to renovate a fixer upper, that is what we did 6 years ago and we love it here.
Katherine
Way to go!! Thats great to hear!!! Congratulations.
So happy for you all Lisa. Enjoy the renovating process to make it yours!! Congratulations.
Congrats Lisa! That's super awesome! So ........we look forward to having you in Aldergrove! Where abouts did you buy??
Thanks, Nicole! I can't tell you the address, b/c of all the crazy unknown people who read my blog...
but I can tell you it is two streets above Loretta and her husband (;
That's great Lisa ...you'll be by lots of people - Dieter and Loretta, Mike and Pauline, Will and Sheree ...and even a few of us are in short walking distance - like us, Troy and Marg, ....hey, in Aldergrove - everyone is close by! :-) That's what I love about Aldergrove, most people are within a 5 minute drive! When are you moving? Welcome to Aldergrove ahead of time! Looking forward to seeing you!
We have possession on May 19th, but we will be staying at my parent's until the messy stuff is done...like insulation and drywalling...and at least until the bathroom is usable(; So you might not see us until summer!
WE have poeple down in Aussie right now that are from Aussie... Can't remember the last name.. buth they are Brian and Carolyn!! They are heading back there soon!
Do you mean that they are from BC? They were in Aust. for a wedding, right? I think they are Bientemas.
Yeah, that's my cousin & his wife, Michelle. :o)
And no, Lisa, they're Meerstra's, and they moved out there for a year (just for the adventure, I think) after they were married (she has family out there, she's a grandaughter of the VandenBos's from out here).
Carolyn is a Beintema .....that's the connection. Carolyn's sister Colleen just got married to an Aussie as well. Carolyn's mom - Ann Beintema has lots of family out there actually! We miss them here in Aldergrove, and I'm sure they'll be back soon. He can't live without hockey!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home