Monday, May 07, 2007

Ugh

I had one of those days where you spend every moment cleaning up new messes without getting to the ones that were around in the first place. I had planned to spend the day doing my much-delayed dusting and ironing and cleaning under the girls' beds (we have two missing library books). Instead, I spent all day doing annoying things like cleaning a puddle of dog pee, a puddle of Lydia pee, untangling an unwound box of tooth floss, sweeping spilled bird seed, spilled koolaid powder (sticky stuff!!) picking up the strewn contents of an emptied kleenex box, wiping up perfume sprayed on my mirrors, etc etc. Too much to list. UGH. And all this on a day when Robyn was in kindergarten! Lydia was a tyrant all on her own! I've given up...Nick is now home and I am going to have to try again tomorrow. I better go to bed early to get a better start. Goodnight!

7 Comments:

At May 07, 2007 10:49 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Floss is cheap. Buy a new container. :o)
I still have to find Ryan's missing library book too.. you think they keep them in the drawer where they are supposed to be?
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

 
At May 07, 2007 11:25 PM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Oh dear, one of those days. Hope you have a good sleep and maybe tommorow will be a better day.

 
At May 08, 2007 4:43 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Dog pee???? Whence comes that???

 
At May 08, 2007 4:48 AM , Blogger Mrs. Bob said...

ah lisa, i know how you feel. :) somedays i just wonder what has gotten into my kid??!!?? :)

this too will pass!

 
At May 08, 2007 7:43 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

If my parent's dog ever gets a chance to sneak downstairs, he immediately "marks his territory" on my kitchen floor ): If he is left undiscovered for too long, he will also use the living room carpet. He doesn't do this upstairs; just down here!

 
At May 08, 2007 7:49 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, and I didn't untangle the floss to use again- I had to untangle it from my furniture! But today is looking better..I had a good sleep and the sun is shining again.

 
At May 08, 2007 12:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey.

Just dropping by to say hi.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home