I heard the baby's heartbeat! (:
At my last visit with my midwife, I was only 11.5 weeks, so she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. She told me I could come back the following week, but I pretended to be brave and said, "oh, I'll just get a listen next visit..." Well, for the past 2 weeks I was getting more and more concerned, since I just am not showing much yet, and all my symptoms have gone away (at least when you're nauseous 24/7 you know there's a reason!) Considering this is my fourth pregnancy, I figured I should be at least showing a little by now! I'm guessing this one's a boy, because so far everything has been different than when I was pregnant with our 3 girls... So today I called Ann and asked if I could swing by and give hearing the heartbeat another try. Well, she said to come on over and when I got there, put the wand on my belly and instantly we heard a clear, loud, very strong "Swoosh swoosh swoosh" Wow. What a relief! Such a wonderful, reassuring sound to hear. It never really seems real until you hear that beat...and then the flooding rush of love for that little life inside overtakes you! I'm excited. And happy. Yay!

8 Comments:
Yippee! That was always my favourite part of pregnancy! Oh and the first time you feel them move, or how about when they push out a leg or arm so far you look like an alien is trying to come out of your belly? And when you get your ultrasound done and you get to see the little babe -- I would have loved to have had one of those 3D ones done! Everything but the nausea, headaches, sleeplessness, heartburn, cramped feelings, shortness of breath, and of course the delivery itself is my favourite part! hee hee
Hi Lisa,
Congratulations on your new addition as well! I just heard the heartbeat the other week and had the same feelings as you, as the first time I went they couldn't hear it either. We pray that all goes well for you and the baby; enjoy this exciting time!
How fun!
Aw Lisa I am SO happy for you! I remember with Mattea I had little to no pregnancy symptoms and always doubted it was real until the day I heard that tender little heartbeat and then . . . there was just no denying it . . .it's the best sound in the world. CONGRATULATIONS!!
That's great Lisa. The first few months sometimes don't feel real until you hear the proof that life is in you. So very special.
That's awesome ...i think most mothers agree that hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so special! Who's your midwife ...Anne Barkham? :-)
Yes! You had her, right? What did you think of her? I'm not too sure about the black dresses and ankle socks....lol...but she seems nice enough.
Yah - Anne helped me with Danielle, and then when I had Ethan it was her partner that caught him. I love her. She's genuine, compassionate with an obvious LOVE for moms and babies and pregnancy and childbirth. I agree.....not too sure abou the ankle socks either, but hey, we're allowed our quirks right? I do love the fact that she is pro-life, and a Christian. I left her some of my prenatal classes brochures. (heart and hands perinatal services) do me a favour will ya and let me know if she needs more? Wanna take some good prenatal classes? :-) See you around, and say "hi" to Anne for me next time you see her!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home