Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Internet shopping is fun

Nick and I have really lucked out with Craigslist. We managed to find a hot water tank, furnace, sliding patio door and front loading washer and dryer all in Burnaby (but from different people). These were all items on our "shopping list" for our new house renovations, and I happened to find all of them for a LOT cheaper than new, even though all of the items are in excellent condition and nearly new. And since there were lots to choose from, we just inquired about things in one area, so that we can pick up all our purchases at once! No need to drive all over the lower mainland!
Nick even found ceramic tile for the bathroom for a steal...half price because it was a custom order but the buyer didn't need all of it. AND, I found antique pewter cabinet knobs on ebay for under a dollar each, whereas at the store you can pay around $10 just for two!! So....internet shopping is fun! (and frugal!) And we're not done yet...maybe we'll end up getting all of our reno materials from my online shopping- I knew there had to be a good reason to spend so much time on the computer! (:

PS the best part is...with the money we saved, Nick bought me a beautiful, flat-top convection oven/stove!

5 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 12:25 AM , Blogger Chantelle said...

Hey good on you Lisa. Isn't is just fun browsing on the internet and seeing what you can find!!!?

 
At May 09, 2007 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard about craiglist for the first time the other day. So happy you've been successful in your findings. Good on ya!

 
At May 09, 2007 9:39 AM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

I love craigs list too... right now I am looking for a nice coffee table with a shelf underneath, but everything good is all the way in Vancouver! No thanks! Oh well, maybe eventually... sigh.
Awesome on your finds and a sweet new stove!!! :o)
Do you have possession of the house yet?

 
At May 09, 2007 9:44 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

We get possession of the house on the 19th, but the owner has been kind enough to allow us to deliver stuff already and store it in the garage.

 
At May 09, 2007 9:52 AM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

Very nice!
:o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home