Wednesday Morning Study Society
We had our first meeting this morning...it was really well attended!! You know you are in a young congregation when there are 16 toddlers and babies that need watching while the Moms study, and a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds that go to Story Hour as well! And that's not even including the kindergarten aged kids, who were at school today!
We are studying John MacArthur's book "12 Extraordinary Women" and began today with Eve. There was a good discussion about the roles of women in the church and in the family and there were lots of women to meet and greet... I just felt kind of bad for the babysitters! (; I even got to compare bellies with two other ladies due the same time as me. Boy, do we all carry our babies differently!
Next week we'll be talking about Sarah. Although both are interesting, I like this book much better so far than Gien Karssen's "Her Name is Woman".
Nick and I have also joined a Homestudy group which meets every 3rd Saturday evening. We'll be studying "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp... I heard him speak in Hamilton and loved his style! It would be neat if he came here one day as well (or has he already?) So...it looks like I'll have a lot of reading to do before this baby comes and there's no more "me" time! (:
This evening I took Robyn, Luke and Maria to a "Judi the Manners Lady" concert at the school, in celebration of National Manners Month. This lady Judi is non-stop, high energy! It was a lot of fun for the kids, and they were soooo hyper when they got home! It wasn't over until 8:30, so it took awhile for Robyn to get to bed and fall asleep... I pity the teachers tomorrow!
Judi uses music and role playing to inspire kids to love God and others. Her "Bad Manner Monsters" are especially a hit with the kids (and parents) With names like "Grouchy Rouchy", "Whiney Rhino", "Grabba Jabba" and "Messy Bessy"...those monsters live in most of our homes, I think! (:
Robyn learned things like how to introduce herself politely, how to show respect, and to think "Right Away Without Delay" when we call her or ask her to do something. Only time will tell how well these manners were imprinted into her brain!

1 Comments:
I agree - today's bible study was well attended and was a good discussion. Good to have you there!
I couldn't take the kids to the "dance party" as they heard it called because I had to teach tonight. sounds fun! We did see Judi the Manners Lady during this past spring break at the Tradex in Abbotsford, so I did't feel too badly for the kids. (although Danielle was so disappointed she couldn't go back!)
Was it well attended?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home