Remembering
Today we remembered the birth day of our sweet daughter Rachel Elise. It was already 4 years ago that we welcomed her into our lives, and then had to say goodbye only ten weeks later. It seems like only yesterday, especially when we watch the video of her birth and the weeks that we had her, not knowing that she was sick...and then the clips of her time at the hospital. Today was a difficult day for many reasons...but I don't want to share them here. I just wanted to post this little poem that I read and made me think of Rachel and pushed my thoughts Heaven-wards:
The tide recedes but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand,
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers on the land,
The music stops, and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains...
For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains...

14 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Rachel... we all miss you so much down here!
((HUGS))
I pray that our Lord will let today be a better day for you!
What a nice poem. I think it is important to find something like that to comfort you whenever you think of your child. After 4 years, I hope the pain is easing a bit. I'm so sorry you had to go through something so terrible. Someday we will have the answers... Praying for you on this difficult day:)
Thanks, everyone!
The pain has eased in four years, but for some reason it was a difficult day for me...I felt so restless! I think it's because we couldn't visit Rachel's grave. Last year we were here already, too...but just got here and we were busy with the move, with settling in...etc. And this was the first time I watched videos of her in two years, so it brought it all back quite painfully...maybe also the fact that this baby is almost due and we are not sure if she has the disease as well. So there are lots of emotions!
I guess I just ask that you all pray with us that this baby is healthy!
I remember your post from last year...
We pray that you are all doing well and that the LORD builds you up and comforts you.
We are also praying that your newest little one will be healthy and happy! :o)
You are in our prayers, Nick and Lisa - we pray for peace and strength today but also when you welcome your new little one!
Deb Alkema
Lisa, I looked at our "birthday calendar" yesterday and couldn't believe that it's already been 4 years!! I still so vividly remember those times, back and forth to the hospital, the day you got the news and shared it with us, and the day we said goodbye to lovely little Rachel. Wow, how time does fly! The poem certainly says it beautifully, though...even though the joy of having her here has passed, she has left beautiful memories behind. It is our fervent prayer for you that this baby is healthy and that you and Nick will rest secure in the comfort of God's heavenly arms.
Hugs Lisa ......
Hi Nick and Lisa,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both! We pray that you find comfort in our Father's arms, and that you continue to trust in Him and lean on Him these last months of pregnancy and in the weeks that your little one will be born.
Julia Meerveld
Nick and Lisa, We send our thoughts your way and pray the Lord eases your pain. We remember Rachel everyday as our daughter is a constant reminder to her always. Love and miss you all.
A very touching poem, Lisa. May God give you continue strength. It's so nice to hear you talk about her and that you have some wonderful memories. I agree with you about emotions and being pregnant. Would have made it a difficult day. My prayer for you is that God will bless you and Nick with a healthy baby soon. Hugs!!
Lisa,
What a beautiful poem! May God continue to comfort and strengthen you both and may He bless you with a healthy little one.
Nick and Lisa
I am sure it is not easy to loose a loved one and hard to understand but we know that nothing happens without God's will. We hope and pray that all may go well as you wait to have this little one and may the Lord bless you in everything that happens.
Thanks for sharing Lisa! What a beautiful poem! Hugs . . .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home