Christmas Concert 2006 "Jesus: our Manna"
The three Can Ref elementary schools in the Fraser Valley got together for a mass Christmas concert last night in Chilliwack. It was about 3 hours of driving back and forth, but it was worth it! The church was filled to the rafters! Such a wonderful evening watching about 500 children sing praises to God. The concert was called "Jesus: Our Manna" and was quite amazing. Some songs were sung with all 3 schools together, some just the girls, some just the kindergartens and grade one (like "Away in A Manger" in my video). There were flute players, percussionists, piano, recorder duets...really nice.
Robyn was tuckered out just from the long drive to Chilliwack, and as you can see in the second video, she had a hard time staying awake at the end! Lydia came too...she sat in the pew for an hour and a half! (thanks to lots of books and drawings and candies to keep her busy (:
I was tickled to hear Robyn sing some of the same songs I sung when I was in elementary school, such as "Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus" and "As On Wings of An Eagle" (remember, too, Chandra and Trish?!) Brought back lots of memories...I found that I still remembered all of the words!
It was also a bit of a reunion for me- lots of people I haven't seen since highschool! Some didn't recognize me with my brown hair, 'tho! It was kind of funny.
Now that it is over, Robyn is happy that she "never has to practice in the gym again" and that she can "forget the songs"...but I had to break it to her...25 years from now she'll STILL remember all the words, like her Mommy! (:
PS. That's Chris's son Ryan next to the boy beside Robyn.
| Christmas concert 2006 | |

3 Comments:
Oh, I remember! I even have the collection of all the Vanderploeg songs in a binder, and have taught a few to our kids!
Hey Lisa,
Saw you sitting in the pew at the concert but there were SO many people there that I didn't see you afterwards. And yes, I remember those songs to. I don't know if you could see from your spot, but there was a little boy flying his arms like an eagle while they were singing too...very cute. I couldn't find Robyn, but I see from your pictures that I was looking at the wrong spot - I didn't realize that she was sitting.
hey lisa, there's a very nicely done picture of all the kids on this site (http://mom-nancysplace.blogspot.com/) i even found robin! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home