Psychological significance?
Last Saturday I got my hair cut short. Not too short, but not as long as my hubby likes it... (but he knows it grows quickly)
Anyway, yesterday I was looking at photo albums of when I was pregnant with Robyn, Rachel and Lydia, to see if my belly looked different (my Mom thinks I'm carrying a boy this time!) It was then that I noticed that every time, during the last month of pregnancy, I got my hair cut short! Except for with Rachel, but that was because it was the longest it had ever been...
I just thought it was a funny coincidence that I never really thought of before. I wonder if there is some subconscious /psychological reason, like I am getting ready for a new phase of life and need a new look to go with it? Or just the fact that when you feel a bit nervous about giving birth and having a newborn to take care of and that you can't control when it comes...just have to be patient....you can tell yourself, "Well, at least my hair is manageable!" lol Just wondering.
At least the baby won't get a mouthful of hair when she's on my shoulder! (:

5 Comments:
you must be convinced you are having a girl as you alway refer to the baby as "she", but hey when you only have girls it is hard not to I even do it cause I have 4 all though with Sarah we knew she was a girl. I would love to see your haircut, got to post a pic. I think getting your haircut is just as you said needing to have managable hair with a newborn to care for.
Katherine
I got mine cut just after Vanessa was born...and got such a sour response from Pete that I never repeated that action again!! :o)
hope you are doing well Lisa and all the best in the last couple of weeks
katherine
Wow! Didn't realize you were due the same day/time as Marcely K. I think you may have a daughter in the same grade as hers too. Anyways, wishing you the best for delivery.
Take care. I didn't know you had a blog but I saw you in my footprints ticker thing.
Have a great Sunday!
Rose Bredenhof
You look great with your new 'do. I always felt like a change just before my babies were born too ...I think it may have something to do with the nesting instinct! Take care!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home