Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Dangerous Book

That is the warning on the first page of Fox in Socks, Lydia's ultimate favourite book at the moment! At least three times a day, sometimes more, I have been trying to get my tongue around such phrases as "tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle"! After saying it so many times over the course of a few weeks, I've actually gotten pretty good at saying it fast! Any other Moms out there with numb tongues from reading too much Dr. Suess? (:

"Try to say this, Mr. Knox, please...
Through three cheese trees
three free fleas flew.
While these fleas flew,
freezy breeze blew.
Freezy breeze made these three trees freeze..."
etc etc

*sigh* Couldn't she have chosen a different favourite book!?

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 6:52 PM , Blogger Christina Marie said...

That's my FAVOURTIE Dr. Suess book!!!!!!!! :o) I'm a big fan of tongue twisters!

 
At October 17, 2007 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kids LOVE dr. suess he is just a hoot to read

Katherine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home